We are ecstatic to announce that one of our longest-standing clients recently received some amazing news! Fellow Chicagoans and our close friends Fieldglass, Inc., the industry’s largest vendor management system (VMS) provider, joined the Germany-based human resources technology supergiant SAP this spring. The world leader (in terms of revenue) in enterprise software and software-related services*, SAP acquired VMS provider Fieldglass for an estimated $1 billion. Together, these two global companies will continue to change the face of human resources as we know it.
Here are some interesting facts about Fieldglass and SAP to satisfy your curiosity*:
- Fieldglass’ cloud-based solution is used in more than 100 countries and 16 languages.
- SAP North America has more than 15,500 employees with more than 13,000 employees in the U.S. and more than 2,500 in Canada.
- Fieldglass started in November 1999, and many of their “firsts” are now industry standards, including their solution to manage project-based workers and service offerings to help their customers optimize their workforces.
- SAP is headquartered in Walldorf, Germany, with locations in more than 130 countries.
- Forrester Research, Inc. in The Forrester Wave™ recognized Fieldglass: VMS, Q1 2014 as the highest-scoring VMS provider in Contingent Workforce Management/Vendor Management System (CWM/VMS) functionality and market presence.
* Facts obtained though Fieldglass.com and SAP.com. Read the announcement Fieldglass posted about the news on May 2, 2014.
Our monthly newsletter is targeted at those with an interest in UX design, research, and strategy.